Saturday, 20 May 2017

Seed Stitch Scarf

Pin It

If, like me, you prefer a scarf that doesn't have a right or wrong side, isn't gender specific and is snugly warm as the temperatures start to drop then this could be the perfect piece of knitting for you. This project began as a promise to one of my sons that I would make him a scarf before the university semester finished and here I sit joyful in the knowledge that with a mere week of studies left to go, I came through with the goods - a rare thing indeed when I make crafty promises.





My son had actually already chosen wool from my stash, but at the last minute I decided I needed that for something else I've been planning and so it was off to the city on a shopping mission to find a suitable yarn.  I'd like to make the point here that is is important to purchase enough for the project you are about to start, as about half way through I realised that I would need one more skein and so sent my husband on back to get more during his lunch break.  To say he was not thrilled is an understatement!  Armed with a photo of the label and a sample of yarn, hubby and the sales assistant spent a good while searching to make sure they had the right one before it was realised that the original purchase had been put under my name and they had a record of the yarn on their computer system. Yay for Morris and Sons


You will need:
4 skeins Morris 10ply Pure 50g hank (or equivalent) .  Colourway: Sooty
Size 5.5 knitting needles













Pattern

Cast on 35 stitches

Row 1 to 4:  Knit
Row 5: Knit 4, *P1, K1* continue from *to* across row until four stitches remain.  Knit 4
Row 5 forms pattern  until work 60in/150cm
Knit 4 rows.
Cast Off.
Sew in ends.


Happy Knitting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to make this gorgeous scarf; love the knit edge to showcase the seed stich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis