Sunday, 24 January 2016

Sari Silk Crochet Cowl

Pin It
I've been a bit obsessed with recycled sari yarn lately.  Not long ago I made some crochet placemats out of sari ribbon and while I was purchasing the yarn for that, I became intrigued by the silk yarn and one thing lead to another (as they do) and I ended up placing an order for the silk yarn as well.

The yarn itself is as soft and silky as the name suggests and while mostly uniform, there still is a little texture to add interest along with the muted colour palette.  My original plan was to use it for weaving, but sadly this time of year there simply isn't time to get the loom out and so with my trusty crochet hook in hand a cowl was soon under way.



You will need:

1 skein Machine Spun Sari Silk Yarn
Size 5mm crochet hook












Pattern

Chain 70 and slip stitch into first chain to form loop, being careful not to twist the chain when joining

*Row 1:   Chain 2 (forms first double crochet) Double crochet (DC) into front of each chain in the loop. Complete entire loop and slip stitch to join.

Row 2:  Chain 1 (forms first single crochet) Single crochet (SC) into front of each chain in the loop.  Complete entire loop and slip stitch to join.*

* to * forms pattern. Continue to crochet until cowl is desired width (our cowl repeats the pattern 8 times)

Weave in ends

I really enjoyed working with the sari yarn, this is a one skein project and lucky for me I purchased a few skeins when I placed my order, so I might just get to weave with it after all.


Happy crocheting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis