Sunday, 23 August 2015

Easy Eyelet Infinity Cowl

Pin It
For the last few years I've tended to crochet more than knit, but this long, tedious Melbourne Winter has seen me get out the knitting needles of an evening rather than my usual crochet hook.

This project was helped along enormously by the generous folk at Lincraft who very kindly sent us some Montego Yarn to play with.  The colourway is Rose and while the 100% wool 8ply yarn is normally knitted with size 4mm needles, I went for something a little chunkier for this project.








You will need:

Size 9mm knitting needles
3 balls Lincraft Montego 8ply yarn





Pattern

Using 9mm needles cast on 31 stitches.

Rows 1 and 5(right side):   Knit
Row 2 and all wrong side rows:  Purl
Row 3:  Knit 1, *k2tog, yo, k2:  repeat from *, end k2
Row 7:  Knit 1, *k2, ssk, yo: rep from *, end k2
Row 8:
Purl

Repeat rows 7-8 until work measures 160cm (approx 63inches), block work,  sew end seams together and weave in ends


Using larger needles means this infinity scarf is completed in next to no time and the eyelets give texture and interest - perfect for adding a bit of style to your Winter wardrobe.

Happy Knitting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

8 comments:

  1. I must be missing something, the rows are numbered 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, even with alternate rows being purl there seems to be a row or 2 missing. I love the look of this, I'm dying to make it but don't want to start without having the instructions clear in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa
      Thank you for your comment. Row 1 and 5 are identical (first line of the pattern) and then the wrong side rows (2, 4 and 6) are purl. Hope this helps. Deb

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. I totally missed the 5 next to the bracket on the first row. I'm off to pick the yarn I'm going to use to make this.

      Delete
  2. Forgive me if this is a silly question (beginner knitter here!) but from the way I've learned to Cast on, line 1 should be the wrong side. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Feel free to add an extra knit row after cast on to change the rows to your regular cast on - Deb

      Delete
  3. Row 7: Knit 1, *k2, ssk, yo: rep
    What does "ssk" mean.
    I am not sure. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your message. SSK refers to slip, slip, knit and the directions can be found at http://www.vogueknitting.com/pattern_help/how-to/beyond_the_basics/decreases/ssk

      Delete

ShareThis