Sunday, 1 February 2015

Granny Square Slippers

Pin It
Summer seems to have all but disappeared in Melbourne at the moment.  We've just had the coldest end to January in fifteen years and it's got me thinking about toasty warm toes and keeping the cold at bay once Autumn and Winter finally do arrive.  What better project in the circumstances than a pair of slippers!


I've always loved the projects from The Purl Bee and thought a pair of their lightweight Granny Square Slippers would provide a great stash busting/slipper making afternoon or two.



I've used Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8 ply in shades of Lipstick Rose, Maize and Aster,  To be honest I'm a person who prefers more subtle colours, but these little slippers just seem to cry out for bold and vibrant colour combinations.








I chose Lipstick Rose as the colour for the sole of the foot, adding Aster (lavender) for the side panels and then including a little splash of Maise for the toe and heel sections.  It only takes 12 granny squares to make a pair of slippers and I found the trickiest bit was sewing everything into the correct position.  Luckily the instructions are very clear or I can see I would have been unpicking and resewing over and over again to get it right.



Here are my slippers in action.  They are lovely slip on after a long day at work and feel light as a feather.  Simple perfect slippers for Spring.



Happy crocheting

Deb
Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.


1 comment:

  1. I love these granny square slippers that you made and the colors of the yarn you chose! Have fun wearing the slippers!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis