Sunday, 12 October 2014

My Favourite Hat

Pin It Quite some time ago (in the days before blogs), I knitted a hat. In all the days of knitting that has passed since then, it is still my favourite and it still looks as it did on the day I finished it.

The pattern was by Vogue and knitted up quickly (as all hats seem to) and fitted to perfection. (the pattern can be found here for $5)  It is the perfect hat for keeping my very unruly hair in order (no mean feat for a hat).

There was no question that this hat was coming to New Zealand with me.  It's a versatile garment - stylish and functional.  I just needed something to go with it - and not much time to be starting a new knitting project.  (Wedding planning takes up a lot of time I have discovered).

Last weekend I was rummaging around in my wool stash and came across a solitary ball of the dark brown that I used for my hat.  I grabbed it out, sat straight down and knitted my standard, no fail cowl.


Pattern



Using 2 strands of 8ply wool and a set of size 8.00mm circular needles, Cast on 66 stitches.

Knit 5 rows Purl
Knit 5 rows Plain (K)
Repeat 6 times.
Finish with 5 rows Purl and loosely cast off.



Weave in any loose ends and you are good to go.

The garter stitch in the cowl matches the feature garter stitch on the brim of that hat.

This cowl knitted up in an evening in front of the TV.  66 stitches means that, not only is it a quick knit, it's a warm, snug fit.  With the temperature reaching a high of 7C in some of the places we are staying in New Zealand, I think that this is an item that needs to remain in my carry-on luggage as I think I will be wearing it a lot.

With only a week to go before the big day and then the honeymoon, I am pretty sure that I will not have any time to knit anything else - but you never know.

Happy knitting,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis