Sunday, 13 July 2014

French Square Scarf

Pin It
When I first learnt to crochet, I was thrilled to just be able to chain a few new stitches together and as my skill level progressed I discovered there's no feeling quite like gazing at the first Granny Square you've ever made.  











When I went yarn shopping recently and picked up some Manos Del Urugauy "Clara" I knew it called for something a little more refined than my usual simple stitches though, and so turned to my new favourite crochet stitch finder, New Stitch A Day.









After a quick search I discovered the lovely French Square Motif and so once the process of winding the wool was over, I began crocheting away at what really is quite a simple pattern.












To make my scarf I crocheted 28 motifs, blocked them and then sewed them together at the corners to form a long rectangle.  The yarn is beautiful to work with (once the ball winding process is out of the way - you can read all about that troublesome activity here).











I'm really delighted with the end result.  The scarf is soft and delicate, making it perfect accessory to wear in  all types of weather. 

Happy crocheting

Deb










Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf - love the yarn and the shades of purple. I found you from the USS Crafty link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kimberlee. We're glad that you dropped by!

      Delete
  2. So pretty. I love the color. I think it would be lovely in oranges and browns for fall. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia - I love the idea of oranges and browns! Thanks for hosting In and Out of the Kitchen

      Delete

ShareThis