Saturday, 26 July 2014

Falling Leaves Crochet Cowl

Pin It
In between ballet class, school, study and wearing Fitzbirch creations so that I can take a photo of them for this blog, Andie , the youngest of the Fitzbirch nieces, is want to do a bit of craft herself.  Recently this has involved loom bands and washi tape (not at the same time!), but this weekend she discovered the bag of homespun yarn that Louise had left with us on her last visit and crochet hook in hand a new project came together.



First there was the task of winding the wool, something much loathed in this household after recent disasters.  Thankfully, Louise's yarn winds beautifully and so it was really simple and quick...hooray.

The pattern Andie chose was the Open Checkers Stitch from New Stitch a Day






Pattern:

Using a 12mm hook and thick yarn, chain 18.  
Continue with Open Checkers Stitch until desired length is reached
Join the beginning to the end of project using a row of single crochet
Weave in ends

Andie was really thrilled to be modelling her own creation for a change and decided on the name "Falling Leaves Cowl"  for the soft Autumn tones in the wool that Louise had dyed and spun herself.

Now with a busy end of the school term coming up, I think we might have to wait until the holidays before Andie's next project

Happy Crocheting

Deb and Andie

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.

  

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I like the way how you have put it all together. I'll be coming back again.
    Very interesting site.
    Please don´t forget to visit my blog.
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezya. So pleased you found us!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful cowl! - so rewarding to be able to wear something you made yourself!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill and thanks for hosting another fabulous link up!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You make me want to try to learn how to crochet(I failed miserably the first time). I would love for you to share your project on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
    http://jennymaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny Marie. don't worry it took me ages to get to grips with crochet too! Thanks for the invite to your blog party - I've added our link.

      Delete

ShareThis