Friday, 2 May 2014

Winter Flowers Scarf

Pin It
'Noro' Winter Flowers
I have only used Noro yarn to knit socks with and snapped up what I thought was more sock wool.  This batch 'Noro Fun' was decidedly thicker and so I decided, that rather than knit a pair of socks, I would knit something else .. and the something else took a while to come to me.

When we were on our recent holiday over East, I pulled out my crochet hook and felt like making something .. only I am not the most proficient crocheter.  It must be simple or I fall by the wayside.  I had come across a pattern on pinterest for a textured flower and spent a bit of time crocheting one up.  The pictorial tutorial is here.  It is in Russian but is easily translated with google translate.  When I say a bit of time, it was next to no time and before I knew it, I had a few all in a chain.  This was the pattern for me, simple and very quick.  Basically, I crocheted a flower according to the instructions and then, when I had finished, I chained 15 stitches of which the end 5 were to start the new flower.  I wrapped it around my wrist and the idea of a 'daisy chain' scarf was born. 

So I kept on crocheting flowers until I had 48. Then I stopped, wrapped it around my neck and voila .. one very striking, warm and exceedingly simple scarf.

I used 4 balls of yarn for this project but it is very easily adaptable to any size you want. Simply change the amount of flowers.

Happy crocheting,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.



9 comments:

  1. I love this - Noro yarn is one of my favorites to crochet or knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is beautiful! I just absolutely love it. I enjoy crochet also and have been looking for a project that is different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to the Russian site and I see she is using a much thinner yarn and a small hook. Can you tell me what size hook you used for this scarf? Please e-mail me at FeedingBig@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Cynthia, we've sent you an email with the hook sizes - Deb

      Delete
  4. Hi FitzBirch, I tried the link but it isn't there any more. Could you post the pattern you used for the flowers? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried several times and the directions just aren't there any more! I am sort of obsessed with this scarf, lol, and "need" the flower pattern desperately. Is it possible to post the pattern or email it to me? Sewprim1120@aol.com I've scoured the Pinterest pages hoping to find a similar pattern, with no luck.....Thanks for any help! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanie - thanks for your message. Louise is in the process of writing up the pattern for this gorgeous scarf, but she's away on her honeymoon at the moment, so I'm afraid it may be a little while before it's live on the blog. Deb

      Delete
    2. Okee dokee - I will eagerly await the pattern!! It's not like I don't have a hundred other designs I "need" to work on. Thank you for the update.

      Delete
  6. I'm also looking for this pattern. My email is marzimm2@gmail.com. I'd love to make this scarf! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis