Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Four Seasons in a Day Cowl

Pin It

When you live in Melbourne, you quickly come to realise that regardless of the weather forecast, in any 24 hour period there can, and usually will be a variety of weather from almost heatwave to  downpours and  chilly breezes that feel like they have come straight from the Antarctic.  So while the heavy coats of Winter are currently packed away, going out in the evening  requires a jacket of some sort, making this light weight cowl a lovely project that's still perfectly wearable in Spring and Autumn.

This cowl was a very long work in progress, I think six months in total, which is odd really given that it's very quick and simple to make.  It unfortunately managed to find it's way to the bottom of my work basket and remained there for far too long!

This pattern is a free from the kind folk at Crochetncrafts and the only changes I made were to do less rows, as I wanted a little less bulk so it could be worn year round and I didn't do the edging as I really liked the more lacy feel the edge of the pattern gives.  The yarn is  Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic - Denim Mix.

Of course knowing my luck, now that the cowl is finished we're bound to have a heat wave!


Happy crocheting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.


2 comments:

  1. I love that this cowl can be made in a day! I will have to go on a search for the yarn, I love the denim look. Thanks for sharing at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Cynthia - lots of wonderful things to see on the link party this week!

      Delete

ShareThis