Monday, 7 April 2014

Welcome to Melbourne Scarf

Pin It
My parents are currently visiting from Perth and so I thought it only fitting to make my mother a scarf to help keep off the chills while they are here in Melbourne, where the temperatures are generally cooler, the rain more rainier (not sure if that's even a word) and the sun less sunny.  Naturally now that I've crocheted a scarf, there is a strong likelihood of an unseasonal heatwave...you have been warned!




 I've still been working my way through the large stash of Panda Riverdale I purchased on sale recently (I made a Vintage Shell Wrap a few weeks ago with this very yarn) and I've been determined not to let it sit and gather dust, so when I saw a granny strip scarf I thought it would be a perfect way to use up some of my stash.







While my yarn is a much thinner ply than Jennifer used at Fiber Flux used, I think the pattern was very effective and I just added enough stitches to make the scarf the width I required.


Now I just have to find some sort of pattern that my Dad might like.  I'm tempted to ask him to help me thread my weaving loom as a welcome to Melbourne gift, but I think I might get more enjoyment from that than he would!

Happy Crocheting

Deb



Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.






2 comments:

  1. I love this scarf! I think that every one needs a simple pattern to work on sometimes. I bet the yarn feels wonderful. Thanks so much for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party. I am looking forward to seeing more of your fiber art and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis