Saturday, 5 April 2014

Crochet Flower Egg Cosy

Pin It
As the days start to get shorter here in Melbourne, it's hard to believe that the long Summer is finished and the Autumn leaves will soon be falling.  Even though Easter is very late this year, my thoughts have still turned to all things eggy at the usual time.  Hot Cross Buns have been in the shop for months already and the shelves of Easter Eggs seems to be growing every time I head to the supermarket.

When I think of egg decorating though, it's not dyed eggs I think of but lovely egg cosies to brighten up breakfast time.  Louise and I have made a few different designs in the past (we've got Gnome on the Range, Daisy Egg Cosy and our  Sampler Egg Cosy ) this time I thought I'd try something a little different and try crochet flowers instead.

The cotton I used is Paton Regal 4 ply in "Greens Print" colourway.

Pattern:  With a 2.5mm crochet hook

Chain 5, form into magic circle.  Slip Stitch 1 into circle.
1 single crochet into circle
1 double crochet into circle
1 treble crochet into circle
1 double crochet into circle
1 single crochet into circle

repeat a further four times to form flower, slip stitch into circle. end.

Make a total of six flowers and sew together.


I've gone for more masculine colours for this egg cosy, although I can't help but think lovely pink tones would be really lovely for the breakfast table.

Happy crocheting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.
The pattern I decided on is:
Chain 5, form into magic circle.
*Slip Stitch 1 into circle
1 x Single Crochet into circle
1 x Double Crochet into circle
1 x Single Crochet into circle
repeat from *4 times to form flower
Slip stitch into magic circle
- See more at: http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/search?q=crochet+hair#sthash.JDEuGqI3.dpuf
The pattern I decided on is:
Chain 5, form into magic circle.
*Slip Stitch 1 into circle
1 x Single Crochet into circle
1 x Double Crochet into circle
1 x Single Crochet into circle
repeat from *4 times to form flower
Slip stitch into magic circle
- See more at: http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/search?q=crochet+hair#sthash.JDEuGqI3.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis