Monday, 17 March 2014

Not Quite Faberge Embroidered Egg

Pin It
It wasn't all that long ago (in fact it was only last year if I remember correctly) that I had a plan to learn how to embroider.  I bought a load of threads with a gift card I received and had them organised in an orderly fashion ready for use.  I did use them a little, but not nearly enough for my liking and so with Easter fast approaching I thought I'd take my little box of thready goodness and get to work  



My original plan was to cover a foam egg in felt which had been embroidered, however after trying to wrap an egg in felt, I decided that my choice of fabric was somewhat flawed, given felts lack of drape coupled with its thickness, so ended up using a piece of satin I had tucked away in my fabric stash.



I've used Cast-on Stitch for my roses, simply because it gives a beautiful 3D effect.  I'm still trying to establish how I manage  to twist the cast on - until further notice I'm blaming that on being left handed!  To finish I covered the egg with the fabric and glued the braided trim around the edge of the egg.


My plan is to make a bowl of these as a table centrepiece for our Easter lunch. At this stage I'm thankful that I've still got a few weeks to put it all together!

Happy Sewing


Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.





3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Deb, Your embroidery threads are so beautifully organised, ready to pluck out the perfect colour. Your embroidered egg is so beautiful and your Easter table will look fabulous with a dish overflowing with these beautiful eggs.
    Have a lovely day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daphne for your kind words. I have to say that I'm very tempted to add to my threads now that I've been using them again. I'm quite sure I don't have nearly enough colours for all of the projects I've got planned!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love your blog, is beauty, I love the colors, I love your crochet, visit my blog too,hugs from Brazil.
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis