It wasn't all that long ago (in fact it was only last year if I remember correctly) that I had a plan to learn how to embroider. I bought a load of threads with a gift card I received and had them organised in an orderly fashion ready for use. I did use them a little, but not nearly enough for my liking and so with Easter fast approaching I thought I'd take my little box of thready goodness and get to work
My original plan was to cover a foam egg in felt which had been embroidered, however after trying to wrap an egg in felt, I decided that my choice of fabric was somewhat flawed, given felts lack of drape coupled with its thickness, so ended up using a piece of satin I had tucked away in my fabric stash.
I've used Cast-on Stitch for my roses, simply because it gives a beautiful 3D effect. I'm still trying to establish how I manage to twist the cast on - until further notice I'm blaming that on being left handed! To finish I covered the egg with the fabric and glued the braided trim around the edge of the egg.
Thanks so much for visiting. We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest, Ravelry and instagram too.