Saturday, 22 February 2014

We really need to talk about Rainbow Looms

Pin It
I hate a fad as much as the next person and I don't know about you, but I usually can't wait for them to be over.  It was probably about six months ago that I first heard about Rainbow Looms, we received an email and naturally at the time I had no idea what the "latest craze" was and I really wasn't too fussed about finding out to be honest.  The problem with keeping any fads at arms distance though, is that when you have younger people living with you, they seem to bring them home, talk about them and generally fill the house with whatever is the latest thing.

...and so it was that Christmas came, Miss 12 received a rainbow loom and little elastic bands seem to be everywhere (although as you can see, they are a very well organised, colour coded everywhere!)

I have to say though, I'm not minding this latest craze at all.  While I'm in no way tempted to have a try myself, Miss 12 seems to have made herself, and many friends it would seem, little bracelets to match any occasion.


Here we have a bracelet to match her exercise top








...and her brother's 18th birthday just wouldn't have been the same without a bracelet to match her dress - why this one even has little beads.



...and then we also have piles of little bracelets and charms, just because they are fun to make.



At the end of the day, I'm actually pretty thankful this fad has nothing to do with One Direction.

Happy Looming

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , PinterestRavelry and instagram too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis