Well, it's that time of the year again. A new school year and the process of getting back into the rhythm of our daily routine always seems a little difficult after the relaxation of a long Summer break. In our household the new school year also happens to coincide with the new ballet year and so it's a good time to make some new hair accessories. This year the leotard colour is "Dusty Rose", so out came all of my pinkish trims and odds and ends and rather than go in with a plan, I thought I'd just snip and glue and see what happened.
In the past, I've made quite a few hair bows and things (you can see them here ) so I did feel somewhat more experienced this year, hence my lack of planning.
Naturally enough, my tabletop soon looked very messy and disorganised and it was at this point that I thought perhaps I should have just tried one thing at a time, rather than randomly cutting and gluing.
The fourth style this year was a bigger fuller bow, with a gathered centre.
I have told our young dance student that this will be my entire ballet hair accessory collection for the next twelve months - time will tell!
Thanks so much for visiting. We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest, Ravelry and instagram too.