Saturday, 9 November 2013

Broken Seed Stitch (or Moss Stitch) Socks

Pin It I love these socks.  Very simple to make but, oh so effective.

The pattern is available as a free Ravelry download by handepande and the striping effect is really eye catching.

I am making a pair for a friend of mine.  We met at Kindergarten a long time, years and years, quite some time ago and we are meeting up for her birthday.  Yes, I know, it's my standard birthday gift but what's a knitter to do? I love knitting socks, people love receiving them .. it's a win/win situation.

The pattern is more of a recipe so some previous sock knitting will be required.  I use my 'standard' pattern when it comes to the number of stitches, when to do the heel etc but I'm thrilled with how these turned out.  

My friend and I are thinking of having high tea for her birthday - I'm not sure these are high socks but they are pretty close.


Happy sock knitting,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.












2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. I spent my spare time reading some blogs. And I found yours a great and knowledgeable content. Keep it up.

    Zean
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis