I ordered some 19.0 micron roving online and it is gorgeously soft. After dyeing it and spinning it, I kept marveling at just how soft it was - there just wasn't a lot of it. Certainly not enough for a cowl (which I tried first but had to undo).
Then, as luck would have it, I received the Knitting Daily email and there was a list of hats to knit. Surely, I would have enough .. and I chose the 'One Day Beret Recipe' by Kristin Kapur.
This pattern assumes that you know something about the construction of a hat and it is super easy and just the right pattern for my homespun.
I like the way that the beret is knitted from the top down which means that you can size it very easily - however, I was still very nervous about running out of wool and I knitted until I virtually had nothing left. I used the crochet cast off to conserve wool and in the end, every last ounce of homespun went into the hat.
It has a 'slouchy - lived in' feel as though I have had it for years.
I have a skein of 'circus' that I have dyed and I have a funny feeling that my hat collection is going to get a little larger over the coming months.
Thanks so much for visiting. We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest & Ravelry too.