Friday, 20 September 2013

The Ghosts of Glasses Past

Pin It
I've been wearing reading glasses for a long time now, and while many of my previous pairs have been donated to various optometry programs it appears their cases were not, something I discovered recently when I was going through our hall cupboard!

I honestly don't know how I've ended up collecting so many cases, but something had to be done and rather than simply discard them, I thought a little fabric covering and a glasses case could easily be transformed into a little carry all for all manner of things.



For this project I selected a fat quarter of fabric (purchased from my local discount store), fabric stiffener/glue, tailors chalk, scissors and a little sewing kit which was soon to have a new home inside my old glasses case.








Fabric stiffener/glue can be a messy business, so I lined my table with an industrial sized roll of cling film, marked and cut the fabric to size and then glued everything in place.  Once it was dry, I simply added our little sewing kit and I had a perfect bottom-of-the-travel-bag-accessory...














.... or in this case it's a bottom-of-the-ballet-bag-necessity.







Happy Sewing

Deb


Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.
- See more at: http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/#sthash.oYffTPfL.dpuf



Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.
- See more at: http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/#sthash.oYffTPfL.dpuf

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.
- See more at: http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/#sthash.YNop6kGI.dpuf

10 comments:

  1. How perfect. Love this idea. I have a few too. Must get cracking on them for little gifts for Christmas. thank you for the tip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of giving the away as Christmas gifts - they're the perfect size to fit in a stocking!

      Delete
  2. The cases could be used to corral and transport phone or iPod cords while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really clever idea! Goodness knows we've all got so many cords these days and they'd be stored tangle free!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I love this idea! I saw it on life on lakeshore dr.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - lovely to have you come and visit :-)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to use those old glasses cases! I'm sure I've some in the back of my drawers too! Must dig them out! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting Jill - always lovely to participate in A Round Tuit

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness my daughter will run with this idea!! Thanks for linking at my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis