Monday, 26 August 2013

Crochet Rose Wrapping

Pin It
Crochet Roses are one of my favourite small projects to put together.  Done in no time at all and a perfect in-between filler when larger projects seem to be going nowhere, they are immensely satisfying and pretty to boot!

One of my favourite patterns is from Free Craft Unlimited and I've made these so often now that you'd think I would know it off by heart, but I don't and so I have it under my favourites so I can keep referring back to it.  The free pattern gives the instructions for a range of sizes and so no matter what you're thinking of using your rose for, there's the perfect pattern for you.




For this project I decided to use up a little of the blues in my wool stash and so picked out a ball of Rowan yarn I've had sitting around for a while.  It's lost it's label, but I think it may be Summer Tweed?  I also used up the last of a ball of Lincraft Celtic and added Bella Baby (4ply) in Sprinkle for my last rose.





 
To add a bit of detail to my roses, I decided to raid my daughters stash of buttons (yes she does keep them colour coded and organised, but let's not hold that against her!)

 








Then I simply sewed everything in place and found some matching ribbon... 














...then attached ribbon and roses to the present with double sided tape.  Now I just have to decide on the design for the card.

Happy crocheting

Deb


Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love these crocheted flowers that you made. You could add them to a scarf or hat too! I saw it on life on lakeshore drive.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking roses! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis