Saturday, 27 July 2013

Ruca Shawl

Pin It
When Louise sent me her excess Araucania yarn I did feel a certain sense of obligation to use it on projects that were worthy of both it's divine colourways and gorgeous draping quality.  I was really thrilled with our first project which was the "No frills poncho", but it did take me a little while to come up with something for the Ruca yarn in more seaside shades.  Lately I seem to have been making a lot for my tween daughter, so I really, really wanted something for me this time.  

When I came across the free pattern from Lion Brand for their Tweedy Shawl I thought it could be just the project for me.  A shawl is wonderful all year round and the triangular pattern using double crochet looked like it would be a quick and simple item to make.
I loved this pattern from the start.  It was very easy and came together in not time at all, the colours are wonderful and the yarn is beautiful - quite simply a brilliant combination for any project.



The only problem I encountered was when to stop.  I was worried I would make the shawl too short, but at the same time, I'm not exactly statuesque so I didn't want it to be out of proportion to my frame.  In the end, I decided in what only could be described as a very unscientific way, that the right length would probably be just before the end of my second ball of yarn...and in the end, I think it was exactly the right length after all.


Even though I persuaded my daughter to model this latest project, rest assured this piece will be living in my wardrobe and not hers!

Happy crocheting

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis