Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Musical Wrap

Pin It

I always think it's interesting in families that siblings generally have a reputation for certain behaviours or quirks that originate in childhood and can be very difficult to shake.  Of course this doesn't apply to myself, as I've always been perfectly perfect in every way (and if you can hear that roar of laughter as you read this, that will be my parents and siblings getting ready to regale you with tales of times long gone, which I've selectively blocked from my memory!)  

I think now is the time though to tell you that Louise, my sister and co-blogger, comes with a reputation bar none, and it's one that is very much admired in our family.  You see, come Christmas or birthdays her gifts are always divinely wrapped.  In fact when I wrapped this present for my daughter's 12th birthday the reaction before she even opened it was "I don't understand, it is really beautifully wrapped and it's not from Aunty Lou, who could it be from?"  - you see where I'm coming from with this.

Given this stellar reputation that my sister has, I thought I would steal borrow one of her present wrapping ideas from years gone by and use it to garnish the gifts we had purchased for a very musical friend who's thirteenth birthday is fast approaching.




You will need

- Free sheet music downloaded from the web, or copy and paste music from google images into a word document and print.
- Silver trims of any type
- Sticky tape
- Scissors



 
We went for modern styling with our musical wrap, due to the age of the young musician,  but how delightful would it be to print the music on parchment and decorate with an over sized flower made with cream tissue paper?

We simply wrapped our presents, added the trims and everything is ready for the party.  Onsie's are optional  - I know this because  it says so on the invitation.

Happy Birthday Zoe


Deb
Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.

9 comments:

  1. Good Morning Deb, I laughed when I read this post as of course, I am as perfect as you are?!?
    I liked this idea of printing the wrapping paper yourself and it has to be said..... you are catching up with your sister's "beautiful wrapping techniques". I can see you overtaking her soon (oops, that will set the cat amongst the pigeons).
    Best wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne I'm completed delighted to hear that you are perfect as well. I've been wondering for a long time if I was the only one :-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I love the silver ribbon with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. We had a great time co-ordinating everything.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and clever idea! Thank you so much for coming by and partying with us!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, and thanks so much for hosting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. We are so happy that you joined us last week. We can't wait to see what you have for us at this week's party.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb and Charly - we really enjoy seeing all of the wonderful projects at the blog hop.

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I love it :) Thanks so much for linking up with me darlin'! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis