Monday, 22 April 2013

The rise and rise of the Onesie

Pin It

Fads come and go and it seems that in our part of the world right now, the Onesie is all the rage.  I had a quick look in all of the usual places to find said Onesie for Miss 12, but they are really quite expensive and  the online ones I found were a bit too over the top to wear to a weekend ballet class, which is what my daughter had planned for her new clothing.  There was only one solution and off to the fabric shop we went in search of a not too terribly over the top animal print in fleece and a pattern.


Did someone say Zebra?

It's always a delight to go shopping with something in mind and not only be able to find it, but for it to be on special...a rare treat indeed!  







We chose McCall's pattern 6475 for its hood and pockets, but decided to leave off the booties so that our young dancer could wear normal boots to ballet.  Naturally we got sewing the minute we arrived home.  While the pattern is marked as easy, I did make the fundamental mistake of purchasing the wrong size zip and so rather than follow the pattern instructions as written, I avoided putting the zip in until the very last step to give me time to go back to the shop.  It's something I wouldn't recommend, but the end result was still pleasing...


...as you can tell by the look on our model's face.

Happy sewing

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook and Pinterest too.

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I have seen so many for sale, but now I can choose my own fabric and it can be my size! (so many were just too long for lil short me!)... Totally going to look up this pattern, thanks for sharing!

    Hannah ♫
    Sew Lah Tea Dough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah - hope you're lucky enough to find some fabric on sale :-)

      Delete

ShareThis