Monday, 10 December 2012

Shabby Christmas Garland

Pin It A while ago I purchased some fat quarters of Christmas fabric with the intention of putting together some sort of patchwork Christmas decoration.  Whilst I was waiting for the sewing inspiration to hit, a non-sewing decoration came to mind, so I thought at least some of the fabric could be used now, while I put the rest aside for a sewing project later on.

This is a very simple project and all up took less than an hour to put together.


Materials

Four or Five fat quarters of Christmas fabric (or any left over scraps you my have)
A strand of Christmas lights
Scissors


Method

Cut fat quarters in half.  Fold cut pieces in half lengthways and cut strips of fabric in approx 2.5cm (1 inch strips).
Tie loosely around Christmas lights.
Hang over mantlepiece.


I used 5 halves of my fat quarters to fit a string of 20 fairy lights.

Happy Christmas Crafting

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too. 

 More FitzBirch Crafty Christmas Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis