Friday, 14 December 2012

More 5 Minute Ways to Decorate with Yarn

Pin It
Made in 5 mins
I have a crafty snowman on my desk that I made in a matter of 5 minutes.  (You can read about it here)

I really like the idea that all the items were re-usable and this got me looking at my craft supplies in a different light  .. what else could I make?

A Plum Pudding ..


.. & Christmas Hamper Items and Cupcakes



However, I needed a Christmas tree so I had a quick rummage through my yarn stash and came across some Moda Vera Jazz.  I have never made anything with this .. the fuzz makes the yarn look so much thicker than it is.  This may be fine with yarn, but it's the last thing I look for if I'm trying to make flattering items.  This could be perfect as a Christmas tree.

Christmas tree pin cushion .. decoration .. craft organiser?

Materials Required


  • Silicone Cupcake mould
  • Plasticine
  • Knitting needle
  • 'Fluffy' yarn (and a wool winder if possible)
  • Beads
  • Pearl Head pins
  • Needle and thread (for stringing beads)

Step 1.  Wind the wool into 3 different size balls.

Step 2.  Firmly place a piece of plasticine into the bottom of the cupcake mould and place knitting needle. Make sure it is firm.

Step 3.  Place the largest of the balls over the knitting needle followed by the medium sized and then the smallest to create a Christmas tree shape.

Step 4.  String the beads together to make a garland and then secure it to the tree using pins in each end of the garland.

Step 5.  Time to decorate.  I used pearl pins to look like little baubles.

In the end, I have another re-usable Christmas decoration but this one helped me organise my craft items.  I wound some yarn, strung some beads and I have a cute little pin cushion for the festive season.

Now, let's see what else I can put my hands on ..

More FitzBirch Crafty Christmas Ideas



Happy crafting and Happy Christmas,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis