Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Knitted Tie

Pin It

Apparently, knitted ties are back!  I love how fashion goes in cycles and I'm longing for the day I can wear stilletos with lace edged socks again (with special thanks to ZZ Top), but for now I'm content to sit back and knit a tie while I wait for one of my favourite teen fashion trends to reappear.











This is a mash-up of a pattern I found on the Lion Brand Yarn website (you can find the original here)

Pattern

Using black 8 ply yarn and 2.5mm needles cast on 320 stitches.
Rows 1 to 11: knit
Row 12: knit to last 2 stitches, knit 2 together
Row 13: knit
Rows 14-19: rep rows 12 and 13
Cast off


To finish the tie, dampen and block.  There's a great tutorial on blocking at Purl Bee

Oh how I love the 80's


Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis