Saturday, 20 October 2012

Beaded Summer Swish Poncho

Pin It I had some blue cotton in my stash that I bought when I made my black poncho.  At some point in time, there was something I had in mind for it, but that was long gone.  I had even gone to the trouble of threading little blue beads onto it - which made it easier for this poncho but all the more troubling that I couldn't remember what I was going to do with it.

The Summer Swish Poncho came about as a result of my desire for a piano shawl (read about it and see the pictures here) and I couldn't resist the urge to make another one.  There is also a link  on our previous page to the 'Solomon Knot' instructions.  All you need is some cotton and a small crochet hook and you will be ready to go.

I placed the beads at the join of every 'knot' along the neckline.  However, depending on how much patience you have and how many beads you want to thread, they can be placed absolutely anywhere.
Perfect for Summer .. 

The black summer poncho can be dressed up or down whereas I find this one is perfect over a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Happy knitting Crocheting ..
Louise.










Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis