Thursday, 6 September 2012

2 Sisters Crafting .. and a Partridge in a Pear Tree ..

Pin It

Christmas Tree Decorations

It is at Christmas that Deb and I reach the only impass in our relationship.  I love all things Christmasy but Deb refuses to be drawn into the consumerism that starts around September and will not budge until the Boxing Day sales. 

I can't say that I blame her but this year we have reached a compromise.  We shall have all the Christmas decorations, but we shall make them ourselves thus avoiding the hysterical spending and even more hysterical christmas shoppers.

Over the coming weeks, we will share our ideas of a handmade, crafty Christmas. 

For quite some time I have wanted a tree decorated solely with knitted items.  I have made a start but I think there are still quite a few Christmas's to go before I can fill it.  There are only so many miniature jumpers and stockings you can knit using cotton and 2.00mm needles before you cry out ''Enough!! - Where's the tinsel?''

Cute little decorations - Perfect for any tree
However, as far as decorations for knitters go, it's hard not to include these adorable jumpers/sweaters on your tree.  You can fashion mini coat hangers out of florists wire and the effect is very sweet.


I used a combination of red, green and white cotton (Milford Soft 3 Ply in Australia) to achieve a set of, what I think, are some of the lovliest decorations for a country christmas tree.

Happy Knitting,
Louise




More FitzBirch Crafty Christmas Ideas

Crafty the Snowman
Crochet Snowflakes


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis